Thursday, April 25, 2013

God Always Gets the Blame


I can’t understand why when everything goes wrong with school God is the first to go. When everything is not well, God gets the blame. “I failed at school because I serve too much in YFC.” And the parents of course not knowing fully well the reasons will say, “No more YFC, you study!” Is YFC really the reason, or our messed up priorities? Maybe we can look at other things that these students are doing.

“I can’t attend prayer meetings anymore because I have to study.” Asks if how’s there prayer time, the answer is “Honestly, I don’t have much time, I’m so tired from school that I just sleep right away.” What if it’s God that says I’m too busy, I have no time to listen and answer to your prayers? Oh my, we are missing the point. We need more God if we are not doing well in school. Others say, because they have very limited time to study. Are we hearing it right? Really? I think it’s a matter of time management. Look at what probably we are doing when we are not in service. We have actually so many free times, only that we failed to manage it right. Taking away God because of studies is a missed opportunity and wrong priority.

Serving God on our ideal time is serving God out of convenience. 

 
*There are of course situations as students were we need to have more time spend on school however it should not take our time away from God.  


by aats

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Studies and service should never be apart. It is a mission of a student-missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I graduated with honors because I never stopped serving God :")

    ReplyDelete